Wednesday, December 27, 2006

R.I.P. President Ford

Well, I will never get to enjoy that pint with President Ford, who died last night at the age of 93.

Given the topic of my last blog post, I was a bit freaked out to hear the news this morning, especially since I'd told Carlyn about my dream. Whenever Carlyn and I get together to talk about a celebrity or public figure, strange things seem to happen. In fact, Carlyn takes responsibility for killing Anne Bancroft. (Go to the July 06, 2005 entry).

Way to go, Carlyn. Yes indeed, Anne and the President are probably cursing you in the afterlife...

On a serious note, if you are interested in presidents or politics or leadership, I highly recommend "Eyewitness to Power" by David Gergen, who worked as an advisor for four presidents -- Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Clinton. He paints a nice portrait of Ford as a man of great integrity and strong character.

CK

No comments: