Friday, March 09, 2007

The Great Idea: Never Say Never



As you may recall, I had The Great Idea to see two concerts from The Shins in 24 hours (in two different cities that I don't live in)... but both shows were sold out.

Well, I'm happy to report that I will be at the DC show on Monday (I owe a big thank you to Sub Pop) during my 6 hour trip to the District. I will then take an early morning flight to my conference in NYC, wave goodbye to the Big Apple, and head off to Austin for SXSW. But being able to sing-a-long to "Australia" in DAR Constitution Hall, where my high school graduation ceremony was held, will be well worth the travels...

Never say never. Dreams do come true.

And speaking of The Shins, we will be having WINE & CHEESE HOUR today courtesy of The Shins, who were nice enough to send wine in thanks for Paste's support. Jason was right... indie rockers are thoughtful.

No comments: