Friday, March 23, 2007

Billboard Top 100 of 1997


Bop THIS!

A few months ago Nate's friend (a pirate, yarrgh!) gave him a CD collection everyone was drooling over... Billboard Top 100 Hits from the past 40 (yes, 40) years.

I just found it on one of my coworker's iTunes libraries and have shamelessly been enjoying the popalicious jams... that's right, I am listening to MmmBop! in Paste HQ (my boss said -- and I quote -- "If you get that song stuck in my head, I will use one of our pins as a weapon"... luckily, he is kidding).

In case you wanna take a trip down Memory Lane, here is a playlist of tunes from 1997:

"I'll Be Missing You," Puff Daddy & Faith Evans
"MmmBop," Hanson
"Mo Money, Mo Problems," Notorious B.I.G. Featuring Mase & Puff Daddy
"I'll Be," Foxy Broan & Jay Z
"If It Makes You Happy," Sheryl Crow
"Everyday Is a Winding Road," Sheryl Crow
"Cold Rock a Party," MC Lyte
"Building a Mystery," Sarah McLachlan
"C U When U Get There," Coolio
"My Baby Daddy," B Rock & the Bizz
"Tubthumping," Chumbawamba
"Smile," 2Pac & Scarface
"Secret Garden," Bruce Springsteen
"Fly Like an Eagle," Seal
"Naked Eye," Luscious Jackson
"On & On," Erykah Badu
"I Shot the Sheriff," Warren G
"You Were Meant For Me," Jewel

Sigh... I remember one night in 1997 when all "4 Most Wanted" songs on 99.1 WHFS (R.I.P.) were "Tubthumping"... that's right, they played it 4 TIMES in a row! I can't decide which is worse to have stuck in your head -- "MmmBop" or "Tubthumping"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!