1) Reluctantly agree to interview your favorite band at your event
2) Pimp your wine sponsor's product at your event
3) Drink your wine sponsor's product at your event
4) Get nervous about interviewing your favorite band
5) Repeat Steps 2 & 3
6) Rock out to your favorite band
7) Interview your favorite band
8) Piss off your favorite band
9) Achieve new level of embarrassment
10) Repeat Steps 2 & 3
Photograph by Jeff Fasano for Paste
Bless those Cold War Kids for sticking through an interview with me. When you are drinking moderately with other people who are drinking heavily, you feel alright... until you are alone in a quiet space with one of the year's biggest buzz bands.
Luckily we were able to pull some good content from the interview that will appear in a future issue of the magazine. So it wasn't a total loss. And the band kicked some serious butt on stage.
But lesson learned. And I was outdone by our editorial team on St Patricks Day (to which I say, "Haha!")... I wish I had pictures to show you their insanity. I'm sure they exist somewhere.
Carlyn, my [EDIT: former] favorite GChatter*, had some thoughts on how the interview could have gone if she were interviewing a band:
"Why do you kick so much ass? You are like the Shaft of bands. You are like a band of ninjas. If the teenage mutant ninja turtles formed a band, they'd be you. Which TMJT would you be? I could be your April [O'Neill]."
(I wish I was April O'Neill...)
* Sorry, Carlyn... you didn't know Joey McIntyre was in NKOTB?!?! Flaxy takes top billing here...