Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My Favorite Albums of 2006, etc.

Oh boy, oh boy! I love this time of the year! I make playlists in preparation... I debate with others... I listen to albums numerous times to rank them in the appropriate order. So here you go...

My Favorite Albums of 2006:



1. Josh Ritter, The Animal Years
2. Mates of State, Bring It Back
3. The Decemberists, Crane Wife
4. Pete Yorn, Nightcrawler
5. Joseph Arthur, Nuclear Daydream



6. Anathallo, Floating World
7. Phoenix, It's Never Been Like That
8. The Rapture, Pieces of the People We Love
9. The Killers, Sam's Town
10. Snow Patrol, Eyes Open (I liked the band before Chasing Cars, I swear!)



11. John Legend, Once Again
12. Gomez, How We Operate
13. Long Winters, Putting the Days to Bed
14. Neko Case, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
15. Eric Bachmann, To the Races




16. Beirut, Gulag Orkestar
17. Damien Jurado, And Now That I'm In Your Shadow
18. Manchester Orchestra, I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child
19. TV on the Radio, Return to Cookie Mountain
20. KT Tunstall, Eye to the Telescope



21. The Roots, Game Theory
22. Midlake, The Trials of Van Occupanther
23. The Weepies, Say I Am You
24. Muse, Black Holes & Revelations
25. Regina Spektor, Begin to Hope


(I also like the Kate York, Ben Kweller, and T.I. albums but don't know where to rank them)

Inevitably, I'll spend more time with some albums in 2007 and wish I'd put them on this list in 2006. Case in point:

Albums I Overlooked in 2005 and Can't Get Enough of in 2006:

Wolf Parade, Apologies to the Queen Mary
Ryan Adams & the Cardinals, Jacksonville City Nights
Andrew Bird, Mysterious Production of Eggs
Antony & the Johnsons, I Am a Bird Now
Brandi Carlile, Brandi Carlile
The Go! Team, Thunder Lightning Strike
Sigur Ros, Takk...

Hooray for music.

Sincerely,
("I'm Just Not Into The Hold Steady") Caren

No comments: