Tuesday, August 29, 2006

As I last posted, my car was broken into on Sunday. I called the apartment office, emailed them, and even emailed my Neighborhood Watch Block Captain -- no response, no acknowledgement. So much for "wanting to cultivate a safe and thougthful community." Well, hate to say I told you so... but I'm going to... read on for a letter from my apartment complex:

Dear Resident:

Last Monday evening four cars were broken into and one car was stolen fromthe parking deck of Building 1000. Please report any suspicious activityto 911 immediately. Please set your apartment alarms, you may set them even if you have scheduled maintenance. You may use your alarm with noadditional cost...

We apologize for the delay in sending the crime notice. We will do a better job of notifying you sooner of any reports of crime in the community.

Thanks a lot, kids. I want my Lacoste dress back.

No comments: