Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Break-Up Letter

Dear Snow Patrol,

Wow, this is harder than I thought it would be. First, let me say that I am so thankful for all that you've given me over the past few years. We've shared so many wonderful memories together -- like that time we did that thing with those people? And all those songs you wrote? It's like you knew exactly what I was going through! The first time I said you were my favorite band was pretty special, too.

But something has changed. I think it started when you stood me up at the Roxy Theater. I honestly believed you when you said you were sick. Even when my friends told me that they saw you with Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America earlier that day, I didn't care. They just didn't understand what we had...

Now you've canceled on me again. I'm beginning to think that you just don't want to see me... or anyone else in America, for that matter. You say you'll make it up to me in September, but I don't know if I can wait for you for that long. I'm tired of getting my hopes up.

What I'm trying to say is -- it's not me, it's you. I think we should break-up. I hope you understand.

Love always,
Caren

No comments: