Sunday, July 10, 2005

A is for Apartment: Ah fate... as you may or may not know, my new roommate, Allyson, and I were ISO an apartment... this morning, as I was leaving the apartment I currently dwell in, a matted Botticelli print fell off the wall and hit me on the head. Being that this was a possible place for us to rent an apartment in the future, I decided that this was a sign I should leave and never return, or at least until I found another place to live... and we did! We got the last apartment left at Highland Walk with a great deal, so look forward to dinner parties there in the future. Thanks for making that decision easy, Botticelli!

B is for Book: As is usual this summer, there was a thunderstorm and our lights went out... I was home alone and read my book by candlelight so I didn't go crazy. It was very nice and I thought, "Wow, this is what it must have been like in the old days...." Then I reached for my iPod.

C is for Concert: Speaking of music, last night was the Ten Out of Tenn Tour's stop in Atlanta... check these artists out or you'll be sorry... Tyler James (young singer with his Casio... if you like Ben Kweller or Chris Martin's voice, I bet you'll like Tyler), Disappointed by Candy (a bass/guitar player, kick-butt percussionist, and their Mac), Kate York (haunting voice backed by obvious talent), Griffin House (also touring with Amos Lee), Trent Dabbs (rockin' straight out of Nashville), and the Lonely Hearts (a lot of guys packing a lot of sound on a little stage).

D is for Darko: Went to a screening of the director's cut of Donnie Darko tonight in the Highlands... wow, what a great thoughtprovoker! I will never look at rabbits the same way again, nor Jake Gyllenhal for that matter, who I always discredited because he was Bubble Boy... this ends the summer streak of selecting awful movies (applause and cheering follow).

1 comment:

Austin said...

Damn...I was hoping you'd go through the whole alphabet. Why do you love the first four letters more than the other 22, huh, Caren?

Also, I'm glad you heart the Darko. Damn. Awesome. Movie. If you want to watch it anytime, you can borrow my DVD copy. I'm slightly Darkobsessed.