Last summer brought a wealth of excellent theme nights and "funtivities"... among the most successful: Rodeo / Beauty Pageant Day at the North Georgia fair; Brick Store in the Loft night; East Coast Road Trip with DC, 84 and Kennywood excursions; and Hipster Night which, appropriately enough, left us pissed off after Corndogaramma was not serving corn dogs.
Andy, Katie P and I have started a new list of activities for this summer... please vote for your favorites or suggest new ones.
- Field Day / Beer Olympics (scheduled for April 20th at 420 Fest)
- Picnic in the Park (so successful last year, we're repeating it)
- Roller Derby night
- Preppy Day, when we go see a polo match
- NASCAR day
- The Patty Pilgrimage to North Carolina
- Rock climbing (on a wall, not real rocks... we're not that hard-core)
- Wiffle Ball Day coupled with Braves Game at night... this is called "All American Past Time Day"
- Visit the Sundial for fancy and overpriced drinks
- Authentic BBQ night, when Andy smokes a pork shoulder for 30 hours
- Night at the Drive-In
- Feminist Day in which we take Andy to an Indigo Girls concert (his request)
- Cabin Weekend, when we rent a cabin in Helen for the night and go inner tubing and hiking
- Slip'n'Slide Day
- Trip to Mississippi
- Eat at Mary Mac's Tea Room
- Have a tea party and Spring cleaning clothing swap
- Indiana Jones movie marathon before seeing the new installment
- Wine tasting / Beer tasting
- Pottery night
- Go blueberry / raspberry picking on a farm
and my favorite...
Ferris Bueller's Day Off, when we take the day off of work / school, go to a Braves' game, visit the High Museum, make lunch reservations as Abe Froman, see a parade and swim in a stranger's pool.
Excellent start to the summer.